[tech-spec] Re: Yield c urve study

  • From: "Chris Cooper" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:27:14 -0700

USC10 = 10 year yield
USC2 = 2 year yield.......substitute other values for 10 and 2 if you
wish.

Here's an example that explains the calculation better than I can:
http://www.bus.indiana.edu/cholden/fall2002/Gk/Usingfor.htm

I take the ratio of this rate with the 10-year yield to get a
proxy for the shape of the yield curve...it is not a measure of
the rates themselves.