[tech-spec] Re: Yahoo! quotes

  • From: BBands <BBands@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:17:07 -0700

> As I should know better than to force any convinced Python
> hacker to look at
> Perl code, I include an example shell script below.

I am not a total loss, I can read and write a bit of perl; have to to keep
up the likes of you and the mighty Moe! ;-)

> Given that R can
> retrieve directly from read.csv() via url() as its file argument, this
> should adapt easily. Could you report your snippets back?
> Maybe this could
> be something to contribute back as a little helper function?

Absolutely. In fact I will report back an intergrated BB charting function
for R based on the work we did in the Spring on Crusher.

> So below is the
> old-ish script 'examine_server.sh' which has some
> documentation on which cgi
> query symbol stands for which datum.

<snip>

That helped a lot. Results in a few days.

    --jab