[tech-spec] Re: R editor

  • From: BBands <BBands@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:21:16 -0700

> I'll try to stay off the soap box now as I also find the
> quasi-religeous insistance painful,

No hurt or pain intended... that's from Richard Stallman--he who wrote
Emacs--not me.

"I am also a saint, in the Church of Emacs--Saint IGNUcius. The Church of
Emacs will soon be officially listed by at least one person as his religion
for census purposes."

More here: http://www.stallman.org/

> but as I said, this one I do believe in,
> and see all the relevant facts support it.

I agree and note that it supports a LOT more as well. :(

----

In the meanwhile I tried to swap an its Yahoo! download for the ASCII file
read in the neat Bollinger Bars charting package we collaborated on, but am
having problems. (This is why I was looking for a cool R editor and
debugger.) Is there an obvious reason an its object and the ASCII
object--they do look exactly alike--should be incompatible?

    --jab