[tech-spec] Re: Nested Loops

  • From: "Daniel Flam" <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:21:52 -0500

I am a pro programmer and have been a senior developer at major development
companies and can say without doubt the one thing that can cause a team of
genius programmers to go astray is fights about style and what is the right
way. The point of the tower of babel was not faulty planning... it was
miscommunication so if we want to reach to the stars, let us refrain from
commenting on peoples personal techniques.

The beuty of comupting is each person can do it his way! Right, code
readability vs performance... we had a team fight for month over if to use
upper or lower case for the first letter of the parameters of functions. I
would like see ideas and implementations and we wont get any if we are
embarrased by "semantics"

So to put my balls on the table, i will say that i still prefer the MySQL
Backend for my data, use R for analysis and use other tools for trading.

I am preparing some of my code to the list so it will be posted within a few
days.

Danny