[tech-spec] General ?

  • From: Tom McCubbin <tmccubbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:35:49 -0400

As a plebeian to the list, i wanted to ask a few questions.  Feel free
to answer one, a few, or none-at-all.

1)  What is the typical use of R for the list members?
    a) Is it in model result analysis?
    b) The derivation of the model itself?
    c) something that i'm totally missing?

2)  If R is used for model result analysis, what is your tool of choice
for modeling / back-testing / trade simulation / asset allocation
dynamics yada yada ...?

3)  How / what do you use to store time-series data?

4)  How are you managing ongoing updates of time-series?

I have many other ?'s, but i'll save these for another email.

-tom

ps - i of course have my own answers, but don't want to bring my biases
to the table just yet...