[TAML] Re: Gary

  • From: Tony Cooke <tonyjcooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: teamamiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:43:07 +0000

Kevin Hopkins wrote:
At 12:07 AM +0000 11/8/06, Linda Peake wrote:

I am not sure that this will even find it's way to the right people, but I will give it a try. Gary Peake passed away today. He had a hard struggle with cancer and put up a good fight. He would want all of his friends to know how very much they meant to him and how important it was to communicate through these emails.

I am sorry I'm getting to this so late, but sometimes the words just don't come when you need them to. I hope you receive all the messages the others here have sent you. I've just re-read them all and can add my assent to every facet of feeling Gary's friend have tried to convey. The depth to which he has entered all of our lives is hidden there among those heartfelt words.

For me, this passing may hit harder than most - I don't know - as it seems I have just been there myself. I guess I would only defer to Tony who has recently had to deal with the monster first hand. All I can say is this.

The end of suffering is the harshest face of mercy. I would not presume to know the nuances of your anguish - that is yours alone to bear - but, there are many who share with you the feeling of loss of a good man and friend. May the road leading away from this awful place for you and your family be paved with that solace.

Peace be with you.

I hope that Linda is receiving these messages of support?

But she may not be on line any more.

Could Dave print them all out and post them on?

--
Tony Cooke