[TAML] Re: Anybody over here?

  • From: "Odd H. Sandvik" <thechronic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: teamamiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 22:10:57 -0400 (EDT)

From: Fred Wright <fw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010, Odd H. Sandvik wrote:

> > > Didn't Skal have a falling out with WNT, which would make that an
> > > unreliable choice?
> >
> > I may misunderstand you, but the above has nothing to do with WNT.
> > It's purely my baby. I own the domains.
>
> I understand that - it was aimed at "what happened to WNT?", as well as
> reviewing the issues with the *current* ML choices.
>
> There's something to be said for having something maintained 24/7 by
> someone else, so I threw in another option which I think is better than
> the current choices.  But if you're really hot to maintain a list
> service yourself, go for it. :-)

So you're suggesting we use Google? I must admit you have a good
point regarding their privacy policy.

"Information and content you post in a Google Group - including the
header information, nickname and email address associated with the
posting - will be displayed to users who are able to access the group.
Similarly, all information that you enter in your user profile can be
viewed by other users. The owners of a Google Group decide who is
in the group and whether a discussion is public or restricted."

In effect one can create a private list, only visible to list members.
That's a hell of a lot better than Yahoo, and a good option. I wasn't
aware Google even had a mailing list service. Good catch, Fred. :)

I just went ahead and created one. One problem with creating a
private Google Group list, is that an invitation is needed to join.
But that could be fixed by making teamamiga.org a portal to
this list. People who want to join, just sign up on the site, and
a message is sent to the Google Group list admins who approve
the subscription.

How does that sound, people?

--
Odd H. Sandvik