[team33] Re: [implementation] work work and work

  • From: Yusuf Hasanogullari <yusufh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: team33@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:22:53 +0100

Hi!

Ok Alexei, here comes some criticism. Don't take it personally as I'm
just doing it because I want the project to flow better and for you to
get even better than you already are.

I didn't know if it was better to send this to you personally or to
the whole group. In the end I think it is better if we are open so I
will send it to the whole group and then maybe we can all contribute
with coming up with a solution. Also, since the criticism is done in a
friendly tone there is no problem with sending it to everyone I think.

You are doing a great job, much better job than the project leaders in
other groups from what I have heard from my friends. I really
appreciate  (and I am sure the others in our component group do as
well) the way you always help if something is unclear, you do a lot of
work, you always know what is going on and what the next thing to do
is, what steps need to be taken care of for the project to be as good
as possible, you know which persons are best suited for which tasks so
therefore you assign people to tasks that fit them and you also make
sure everybody works equally much. But this small change in attitude
is something you need to make to be even better:

Problem is, you don't seem to realise that this is not the only course
that most of us have. I for example have three other courses, and when
setting up meetings like you did in your last mail, sometimes it is
impossible for me (and probably others) to attend. There is of course
nothing we can do about this problem, but I would like you to know
that this is the case and realise that you cannot expect us to come to
some of the meetings. You cannot say something like "you must come to
the meeting tomorrow" because sometimes we have lifes of our own after
schooltime and sometimes we have other classes to attend.

If I don't attend a meeting, I read the new stuff added to the
repository and make up for it that way, and I am sure the others do as
well.

Now as I said, there is nothing we can do to solve the
not-attending-problem, but just realising this will probably help you
plan better and not expect us to be able to attend some of the
meetings.

I will come tomorrow so we'll see each other then.

/Yusuf