[team33] Re: To Joachim and Fredrik: Testing

  • From: Alexei Kounine <aleko379@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: team33@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:36:28 +0100

Hej guys!
I just want to help you by giving you some ideas about how you can do
the testing:
I just read the /Experience_report/Requirements to test.doc file.
Now you know what exactly you will need to do, but let's talk more about
technical stuff.
Have you thought of what to code to do these test cases?
What i thought of is that you can use another package, let's say
pumpkin.test and create 3 classes therE:
one StubGUI which would hold all methods forc calling our interface
methods from PumpkinDB.
the same kind of class for the algo: StubAlgo

and one Main from which you can create the 2 previous and use them to
call methods.

This is just a suggestion. I started writing a skeletton. It will be in
the repository in a couple of hours.
Pleas don't forget that coding these test modules will take a long time,
and that for that you need a perfect knowledge of how our architecture
works right now.
So don't underestimate the amount of work. You decide to do everything
on saturday... it's up to you, but remember that next week we'll have to
write the report!!

One other thing for Markus, Fredrik and Rama: On monday we must have a
system running the level one requirements. I must say that i'm quite
worried about it, since i didn't see any changes after our last meeting.
Please keep me aware of what's going on.
The other groups will be ready by monday! And we MUST be ready as well

Are you ok with this?

Alex

As you read in the design report, we now have a global object PumpkinDB

--
--------
Alexei Kounine