[team33] Re: Fwd: RE: TDDB62: Group 3.3: Help with database access

  • From: Alexei Kounine <aleko379@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: team33@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:44:29 +0100

OK we had a leader meeting, and we decided that a second integration
milestone will take place on monday at 17.15, with tha algorithm group,
as well.
We'll have to come with a ready .jar (every first level requirement
completed) file to give to the DUI group.

We'll need to finish everything before that, meaning that the database
itself will be running on the pumi9 account.
Now my question is: can the others access this database from the
internet? or only localhost can access the DB.
Markus if needed, we'll have to do a "grant privilege" and create a new
user, but i agree with you that activation is possible with ssh, and
shouldn't be a problem by now, but as you said, we'll have to find a
better solution after. Can you just send an email to Andreas and ask him
for the email of the responsibles of ida, so that we ask someone
directly, is it ok? Fredrik, maybe you can check if it's possible.

Markus, check how things are going with Rama and Fredrik. It would be
nice to see some progression in the coding.

You guys need to do it as fast as possible (installing the database and
finish the coding) so that we can do the testing as soon as possible,
and if problems arise, have time to solve them.

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask me.

Alex

--
--------