[team2039] Re: robotics recruitment meeting presentation

  • From: Mark Amber <balloooza314@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: team2039@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:42:45 -0600

I can come in and get it working for sure at the morning demonstration, as
long as I have 20 or so min. The problem is almost certainly that the robot
has no code on it (or has code that tells me what position the encoder is
at)

I will have my laptop with all the code if that is the case, but as I said I
think it is something that may have happened with the network when all the
desks were moved.

What is the green light you talk of, I would imagine you are talking about
the one on the driver station

I am excited to use the robot now that the encoder issue has been fixed (for
all who do not know, the reason kicking was so crazy was due to the striped
wheel in the encoder being all messed up and scratched) With the new encoder
the kicker is spot on in its locations, it is just that the double values
that control when to stop the kicker now are way off, but that is so easy to
fix. If I remember correctly, the current values bring the kicker to a sad
nearly nothing position for power 1, all the way for 2 and 3.

The kicker switch needs to be addressed too, a springy metal strip should
work to stop the kicker short before it self jams and requires force to
kick, that will solve the encoder problem too, since the switch de-activates
the kicker no matter what.

Sorry I could not come to the meeting today, I will be there for sure on
Saturday for the FLL, and on Tuesday for a normal meeting.

I think I mentioned this before, but all we need to start wiring the robot
is PWM ends, and all we need to start programming the swerve drive is the
pots, that I have not found yet.

Here are some questions for any who may know the answer.

1) Was the green light on the driver station, or on the camera, or on the
ethernet port on the cRIO.
2) What is the situation on the PWM ends, when will we have access to them.
3) Where is the best web site to find multi-turn pots, my efforts have
turned up nothing.
4) Who is with me for programming, because I want to start as soon as
possible.
5) (possibly for Jamie) What did Winnovation use for sensing direction, if
they have a part number (and as long as it is persistent without power) just
order that for the multi turn pot category.