[TCUG] Re: Loops and ASL's - an open question!

  • From: Howard Saffer <Howard.Saffer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:05:25 +0100

Thank you, Andrew - very interesting.

In relation to red light cameras, as ASLs have no 'legal' basis (as far as I
understand)- as they are not covered under TSRGD or other legislation - is it
actually a traffic 'offence' for a vehicle to pass through a vehicle stopline
if it were to stop at the ASL (and not progress through the junction)? I would
have thought that the provisions in the current TSRGD would be inadequate if
the matter were to come to court. After all, the Primary signal is normally
alongside the end of the ASL (is it not?)

Regards

Howard Saffer
Sheffield City Council