[tccrockets] Re: NAR junior level one

  • From: David Weinshenker <daze39@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 22:34:35 -0700

Sam Fineberg wrote:
> The Tripoli rules are new.  While this may not be the first time, it
> hasn't been an issue until this year.  Tripoli had a fairly bad incident
> at LDRS which was complicated by having unauthorized people at the
> pads.

Yeah, I figured that was behind Tripoli's evident present
desire to have specific policies on access to the "HPR Pad
Area" as such (a point on which I don't think the NAR rules
are quite as explicit)...

So do the new TRA rules require that a candidate for TRA
certification (as a "Non-HPR Flier") "escorted" to the pad
area? (Or does this fall under the same category as non-certified
individuals being specifically allowed to buy HPR motors for the
purpose of making certification attempts?)

Seems like it would be good to get a clarification (as Jack
said he planned to) from TRA HQ on whether an NAR "junior cert"
candidate with a parent (HPR-certified and over 18) would count
as a "Non-HPR Flier ... escorted by a HPR Flier" for the purpose
of the "2-18.1.1 Exception".

-dave w