[tcb] Re: ya'll have created a monster

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:08:18 -0600

Look at Big Bend. Lots of desert. Real pretty, rugged. It will be way closer
from Fredricksburg than the Roswell area.
  From: coocoo@xxxxxxx
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:51:45 -0600

  What do people say it is?

  Carlsbad Caverns and Ruidoso are kinda near there, Las Cruces and White Sands
are cool, but I have been to Roswell and it's not what I would call a
destination. El Paso, either. You are going for desert?

  Dan and Kat have been all around there, I think.

    From: coocoo@xxxxxxx
    To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:28:35 -0600

    Ever been to Roswell?

      Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:45:07 -0800
      From: zane_13_13@xxxxxxxxx
      To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

            Stop in Lawton, OK.  There is a little town called Cache and it is
the entrance to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Preserve.  62000 acres of
grasslands and mountains.  Free roaming buffalo and longhorn.  It is a very
nice place to camp and hike.  Google it for pics and such.

            --- On Mon, 11/17/08, Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>

              From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
              Subject: [tcb] ya'll have created a monster
              To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 1:11 PM

              I was cleaning out my "man room" the other day and came across
some pictures of a road trip my friend jason and i took in his 83 aircooled
vanagon. i looked through them and told diana, "i want to do that again." Her
response was "when does your vacation pay start at work?"

              Well my first response was "yea right, you're so full of it" and
she said i think you'd get bored by yourself. I told her she should come. she
said no but what about jason (another dude named jason, not the one you guys
know). so i called and he said hell yea. So here is the plan. I am going to
revolve this trip around the Texas VW classic. my plan is to work half a day on
friday and drive down to fredricksburg to kick off the next ultimate road trip.
do the whole fredricksburg shin-dig and then on sunday go to El Paso, find a
nice place to camp and then on monday go to albuquerque, New Mexico. camp
somewhere nice and then head for either Amarillo or Oklahoma city. then back
home. i have the horrible habit of planning everything out so these will be the
destination points...everything else will be stricktly based on here's a
campsite, let's go here.

              here is what the circle looks like on mapquest:
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n256/i_am_cool_fred/Picture1-3.png

              does anyone else have any recommendations on where to start, stop
or go to? i want it to be fun, and want to go across some open ranches and see
some longhorns.

              looks like it will be about 2300 miles of driving :D

              Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with
Windows Live Click here

11/17/2008 8:48 AM

8:48 AM

  See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of
your life Click here

8:48 AM