[tcb] Re: what's going on with this (vacuum leak or what)

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:39:10 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

When in doubt go back to your original settings.  Flow over the jet is a function of the velocity of the air.  A smaller venturi
has a bigger effect on the main jet for a given air velocity.  That's why I referred you back to the Weber Manual, if you go
look at it you'll see the smaller primary main jet.

Enjoy.

Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 19:15:36 -0400
From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay, on the DFEV 32/36 which I think you have right? Stock you have 160/165 air correction jets, not main jets.  That size main
would be too rich for your application.

rule of thumb, up to 36mm venturis go 4 times the venturi size as a starting point.  Now, looking at the "book"
a stock 32/36 DFEV you should have a 137 main in the primary with a 140 in the secondary.

http://www.racetep.com/weber/32_36DFEV.pdf

Since they're the same jets, don't get them confused.

From: whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:40:51 -0500

Don't discount Will' suggestion regarding the float adjustment. A silly little millimeter (anyone remember that jingle?) can make a difference in richness.

> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:23:28 -0400
> From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [tcb] Re: what's going on with this (vacuum leak or what)
>
> Idle Mixture = mixture screw unless your throttle plate is opened up and you're in the progression circuit.
> If you have somebody jetting it, good it sounds like maybe it's a jetting issue or it could be a float adjustment issue.

See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts. Check It Out!

Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How

Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you. Find new ways to share. Get Ideas Here!