[tcb] Re: vanagain

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:19:44 -0800 (PST)

I have looked at that site and asked if anyone had any clues as to what is
going on. No response. But, I did find Darrel Bowman who is the vanagon fuel
injection guru and sent him a e-mail. I bought a diagnostic tool from him long
ago at the Busses by the Arch show. the only problem is I have forgotten what
the proper readings are suppose to be. Somewhere I have the directions on how
to use his "digitool" but I can't find them. Hopefully he will send me that
info again. I've doon some more work on the vanagon and it seems to be running
better. I think getting the charging system working properly has helped a lot.
I ran it last night until it got good and hot then turned it off to see if it
would restart and it did. did this 4 times last night and it started every
time. I am going to drive it to "cruze" night tonight and see how it behaves.
might even try to make it to the houston club meeting tonight. we will
see.---mark
Don't know if you are hip to this site:

http://www.vanagain.com/

On Nov 7, 2004, at 9:10 PM, Mark Sawyer wrote:

worked on the vanagon for a while, got the charging system working
again but still having problems with it flooding,How do you flood a
fuel injected engine? This is starting to drive me batty. If anyone out
there knows about fuel injection, it can be a real pain when it doesn't
want to work right. I'm almost to the point of putting carbs on and
being done with it. but, i still have to pass emission tests so i don't
know if that will work. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm always
willing to listen. ---Mark