[tcb] Re: use shore power for radio

  • From: christian wohlfahrt <cwnation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:37:21 -0600

Bring a 12v battery charger for you bus battery.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 17, 2008, at 8:28 AM, Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Every topic i read on powering accessories in a camper is based on using an aux. battery, a power inverter, etc. My question is, for those of us lazy bums that enjoy camping where there is a 110v hookup is there a way to hook our radios to that, so that the radio is powered off the 110 and some sort of inverter instead of off the battery? My westie is way to low to go out on some random trail and out in the middle of nowhere and camp. I prefer to have showers close by but "rough it" in my little "RV". Is there something or some way to make the radio in my bus power off of 110? The idea i have is some sort of switch to switch it from battery power to 110 power.

after doing a search on the samba the only thing i can find is "i don't want to be on shore power" or "Aux. Battery hookup" all things to get away from the trusty 110 at campsites. i want to hook to the 110. my ultimate goal is to be able to watch a movie in my bus using my bus' radio as the sound source.

some of you may say bring a boombox with you. To that I say, there's not room after loading the ice chest, the chairs, the side awning, the food, the bedding, the beach cruiser, the two dogs and the wife.
Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.