[tcb] Re: use shore power for radio

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:58:47 -0600

I asked the same question on the samba and here's the
answer:http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127433that invertor is
exactly what i was looking for...cool thing is, i could easily hardwire that
convertor and just switch on the 110 switch under my jumpseat to power the
inverter now to find a 3 way switch so i can cut power to the battery and turn
on power to the inverter. and i know of just the perfect switch. looks like
i'll need two inverters, one for the radio, and one for the 1200w amp. thanks
denis too, that would be a real simple way to address the problem as well. and
i'll probably look into that too.From: coocoo@xxxxxxxxx:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [tcb] Re: use shore power for radioDate: Mon, 17 Nov
2008 08:36:30 -0600

Gerald has all that knowledge. He has setups that will do
that for a price, same as RV.

But, if I understand you right,  You can by a
"trickle charger", also known as a "battery tender". It's a little box that
hooks to your battery just like a charger, and plugs in to 110. You can run all
your accessories forever. I unhook my coil so that it wont get hot and ruin
your
points.