[tcb] Re: update on progress

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:43:03 -0500

I have never had a VW part from a Roy Rodgers.............
But, I used to love their roast beef sandwich!
And he was in some pretty good singing cowboy movies.

On May 16, 2006, at 12:28 PM, Neil McGlothin wrote:

The sad thing is, as far as I know, they're the only
aircooled VW parts place in the area...
My big issue was always havin' to drive 120 miles
round trip, comin ' home empty handed.
Tried to get them to ship me a generator once in 1972
via Grayhound (about a mile from their shop)...they
asshat said Hell NO!  What do you think we are???
When he told him what I thought they were, he hung up
on me...After that, I just paid outrageous prices at
the Hot Springs dealership.

--- Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yea a friend of mine said he bought a set of rods
and the rods they gave him
looked worse than the ones he pulled out of the
motor.

check your shit and it is ok. but you always have to
check your shit. this
was my first bad experience.

oh and this "sometimes the gasket set doesn't come
with intake gaskets" yea
especially when the gasket set was opened when i got
it.

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: update on progress
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:39:30 -0700 (PDT)

I've never bought parts from Roy Rogers and from
the sound of it, I never
will.

Andrew Barnes <deabarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: I
got the same kind of
treatment at the one in Ft. Smith, tell I
threatened
to shove the parts up the guy's A@$ for him . I get
treated pretty well now
!
From: Neil McGlothin
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:39:30 -0700 (PDT)

Did Roy Rogers break the brakes? I used to
buy
from
them back in the 70's...I'd drive all the way
from
Hot
Springs for a part the I CALLED about, they
SAID
they
had it, then, when I got there, Oh, we gotta
ORDER
it,
come back in two weeks!
They were cheaper than the VW dealership and
gas
was
like a quarter a gallon back then, but it was
long
drive to just have to turn around and head
back
empty
handed!

--- Brian Denning
wrote:

so motor is together. external filter is
installed.
i broke a freaking
muffler gasket (peice that goes between
heat
exchanger and muffler) so i
lack that. carb is being rebuilt and it
will be
hot
tested tomorrow,
hopefully.

in the mean time. breaks are bought and i
will
hopefully get the rear
installed tonight and then, thanks to roy
rogers, i
have to buy two more
front wheel cylinders and get the front
done in
the
next couple of days.
front will include new lines, in addition
to the
rest. rear lines are
replaced.

looks freaking great. my ultimate goal is
drive
the bitch around the
block on friday. and if all goes well
drive it
work next monday or so.
(have to get insurance reinstated)

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online
computer
virus scan from McAfee®
Security.

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger!
Download today - it's FREE!

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

Release Date: 5/15/2006

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 268.5.6/340 -
Release Date: 5/15/2006