[tcb] update

  • From: Steve Chamberlain <steveraychamberlain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 22:36:50 -0500

Just got home from dinner with Petr (actually had to run by work for a
short while). Contacted him this morning and met for lunch. He said he had
a good time in Sundance Square and was in no condition to get up until
about 11:30. At lunch he told me about picking up a gas tank from Conrad
because a broken neck kept him from filling the tank. So we went over to
Dennis H's house and proceeded to pull the engine to R&R the tank. Upon
checking the gauge found the new one to be broken so we checked the old one
and it worked however it was a bug gauge so a little adjustment by bending
the arm and got a fairly accurate reading. Now he has a good tank and some
degree of reading on a gas gauge. Got him into Marriott then Dennis and I
took him to Cousin's (they prepare the BBQ for the Texas Classic).

For those that don't know his story or don't follow on the Samba, he has an
amazing story. less that two years ago he decided to travel. He bought a
panel in Mexico that turned out to be a wreck but through helping a
mechanic in Mexico he learned and got it drive-able. Then he traded for the
Kombi he is driving now. he knew nothing about VW when he started but now
keeps his Kombi going. He is headed to the north east (New York before his
Visa runs out, about one more month. He plans to leave the bus in NY until
he returns next year for another adventure.