[tcb] Re: trip report 8

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 23:36:13 -0500

Rich kids went to Palm Springs and Newport beach for Spring Break. We
ordinary riff raff went to the Colorado  River. Katherine's Landing,
Needles, Bullhead City. The only time I had to defend my life as a Hippy,
1971 was in Needles. I was told by a Sheriff's Deputy that I was "Like the
people who killed Sharon Tate". Swear to God.

About two years later we were camping at Kingman and an incredible dust
storm struck with the most incredible winds that blew our whole camp in to
the Colorado. One of my friends got arrested for open container and another
was taken home with a head injury to a Deputy's house because EMS was
swamped.

Man, do I have stories about the Colorado River.