[tcb] trip report

  • From: "Shelby Shook" <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb <TCB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:51:36 -0500

That was the most amazing thing I think I've ever been too. Never seen so
many VWs in the same spot in my life, and so many were really good looking
too. The bug ran really strong all the way up there. We stayed at around 65
the whole way, 70 goin down hills. Made it home around 9 pm. Passed a bunch
of Mexicans in VWs going home. Cruised with them for a little while. Pulled
up next to one in a ghia and asked where he was headed but he didn't speak
english. They had some nice cars though. Saw some really cool stuff,
including John's road that his grandmother adopted for him. Maybe I'll win a
trophy if I enter the bug in stock next year...it just didn't really stick
out in the Daily Driver category. Hopefully I can bring both the bus and the
bug next time. I'm thinking the bus might end up being a rat bus cuz the
rust on the underside is really disgusting me.

It was great seeing everybody! But I didn't get to hang with everyone as
much as I would have liked to. Next time when I bring the bus I'll just camp
so I can see you all some more.