[tcb] travels

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 17:01:58 -0700 (PDT)

Cranked up the baja AGAIN and went to the Buggy Blast at Salado.  Traveled via
Austin on Friday to pick up the bakery lady.  Only one bus at the Buggy Blast.
13 window 67 deluxe that the owner had installed a 40 hp 1200.  Unusual in that
most bus people want to go faster, not slower.  Back to Austin on Saturday
afternoon and saw this good looking blond lady driving north bound on MOPAC
about 2:00pm in a hippy painted bay window.  All the honking and waving that I
did from a red baja with a surf board on the roof and she wouldn't even look
our way.  Wonder who that could have been?  Sure did look like Julie.  Stayed
in Austin and went to a wedding on Sunday (no not mine) Steve and Sharon's
daughter and Dan & Katrina, Terry, and Dennis & Claudia were also there all
representing the bus crowd of course.  Just got home to Nacogdoches and it's
raining.  Somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,600+ miles in the baja over the
last 2 weekends. Don't think I coulda done it in a bus.