[tcb] Re: too quiet!

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:26:39 -0800 (PST)

You need a bigger tailpipe!!! (on the bus)

Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:   There seems to be very little
chatter lately, so I will try to start a conversation.

  During the investigation of a oil leak on a type 1 it was discovered that the
engine had 94 mm piston and cylinders installed. Upon further investigation a
stock riveted cam was found. My topic is the reasoning behind building such a
motor. From what I understand, and I could be wrong, the case has to be
machined for the 94 mm P&C to be installed. I just don't understand why one
would build one configured this way. Am I missing something?
  And to keep the conversation offensive to everyone ( never discuss religion,
politics or bore and stroke with strangers ) what would you build, or have
built or already have for the perfect bus motor? I will even go out on a limb
and tell everyone that I had a local builder build me a 1600 cc engine with a
new Auto Lina aluminum case, stock stroke counterweighted crank, Engle 110 cam
and stock size valve single port heads. I run a 34 pict 3 carb on a adapter
plate on a stock type 3 auto stick single port intake with large vacuum port. (
for the brake booster ) I use a stock exhaust system with heater boxes. I have
a stock dog house cooler without flaps. I installed a Berg 1.5 quart sump, and
a Berg dip stick thingy to keep an eye on the oil temp.

  Discuss............

    Dan & Katrina Martin
  1971 VW Bus
  H.B.B.