[tcb] Re: tires

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:09:55 -0500

That price sounds closer to what I had in mind.
To be honest with you. I had been trying to figure out the bus tire thing for a while. (I know more that I ever wanted to know about tires)
Asked around, read all the stuff I could find on the net, got aggravated by guys at the tire places telling me that there HAD to be a middle number.
(I even made Katrina call Discount Tire!)
Eventually I bit the bullet and ordered the Hankook RA08 185/14 from Bus Depot!
I know Trey got the same tires for a better price from Discount Tire near him.
I was unsuccessful getting them to order them for me.
There is a Hankook wholesale warehouse here in Houston, I could not get them from them.
As far as the C is concerned, you have to be real careful. "C" can mean "commercial" and not be "load range C".
Just call some local tire shops and see if they WILL get Hankook RA08 185/14 for you.
You will not be disappointed if you have driven a bus with passenger car tires on it.

On Apr 4, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Brian Denning wrote:

well i just got a price list from roy rogers and although people say they will rape you they said 527.71 for everything. brakes and motor so i will have alot more than expected to spend on the tires. but tires will come last but will be an important purchase because the fabubus had passenger tires and it swayed all over the road. i will make some phone calls on them to some locals and see. you run the 185/14 dan?

oh and what about C tires are they any good or do you start running into the load thing and how bad does it affect ride?

From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: tires
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:35:01 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:07:00 -0500 Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> It meets the load spec. Ok, but I have heard that being a hiway rib
> makes them no good for anything but pavement.
> There is constantly chatter about bus tires on the Type 2 list, the
> only bad reports on the Y356 I have heard are related to this.
> Reports of people being stuck on wet grass were all I needed to hear
> to steer me toward the Hankook RA08.
> I run Yokohama's on the Mazda and really like them.
> I don't know if anyone on this list is running the Y356's (If your
> out there, sound off)

I am ...

The Chevy pulls them across wet grass quite well. :-(

G2

Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http:// search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/