[tcb] timing

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 08:43:33 -0600

ok the book says 5 degrees before tdc for my particular dizzy. i set it roughly at 5 degrees. i have very little power for hills etc. i just ran the valves at .006 and i set the timing. the exhaust seems to be really friggin' hot to.

so i adjusted the timing a little bit more the exhaust seems to be cooler, it seems to fire up quicker and idle smoother and a bit quicker. i have yet to take it out and acutally test the bus to see if it runs any better.

my question is what in the H-E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS should the timing be set on?

and i know someone asked me if i was running a degree pulley when i was having that bit of an oil leak recently. what is wrong with a degree pulley and is it ok to run one of those so i can be more exact with my timing adjustments?

With tax season right around the corner, make sure to follow these few simple tips. http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline