[tcb] Re: the fresh paint, new transmission cleaned motor maiden voyage

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:27:40 -0500

OK, but why did he get orange peel? Not a clean surface to start or rattle can
paint underneath? I'm asking this because I am soon to be painting Murray and I
want to know how much cheating I can do and still get away with a decent
finish. I don't trust the Duplocolor. I have seen fairly good jobs from it, but
with all the rubbing and multiple coats, I'm not sure that it's any easier that
two-stage.
          From: Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
          Subject: [tcb] Re: the fresh paint, new transmission cleaned motor
maiden voyage
          To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 10:48 AM

A real improvement. Why is the paint peeling? It's coming of or crackling?
Did you use the Duplocolor?