[tcb] Re: the 17 year bus project

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 21:41:13 -0500

On Jun 2, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Eric Woodall wrote:
17 years is a loooong time.

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping....

I went on the road with a band...
Came back and got a new relationship and a new job
Then got married and had a couple of kids...
Parents kicked the bus out and it got pulled to Austin... then got trailered to another place in Austin... Distracted by a 78 Westy, '85 and '80 Vanagons and a '72 Bug that needed new fuel lines, etc., etc., etc.
Sold them and bought a EuroVan, and then another...
Somewhere in there the Internet stole a bunch of time from me, looking for deals on eBay, working on the aircoolers site...

Now that I have a car that doesn't need constant work, I got re- focused and ... where did those bolts, nuts, etc. go? Buying too many of one part, not having enough of another...

Oh and I try to only work on it when my wife is distracted, away from the house, or in a good mood - and when I'm not with the kids and/or camping.

http://dualport.com/21window/