[tcb] that bus on Ebarf

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:06:49 -0600

The bus in question is here:

ViewItem&category=15291&item=4528910355&rd=1

This bus just happens to be at one of my customers warehouse. He called
me last week and told me he had one they were shipping. I had to
"deliver" some parts to him on friday. I took some more pictures of it
I will put up soon. There is too many things that look strange to me to
list. Bruce (my customer) told me the bus was there to be shipped (his
business is importing, exporting and warehousing all kind of stiff) I
checked the bus over pretty good, I would NEVER buy it, but it just
looked so wrong I was really curious. The stuff I am talking about is
obvious to most of you, but some stuff you can see in the pictures
looked odd too. So I left there on Friday with more questions than
answers. I get a email from the BSKA list on monday about a split with
a slider. Go look at the auction and it is this bus. I call Bruce and
tell him it is on E@#y. He calls me back a couple hours later to tell
me that he is not shipping i, he received the container that it was in
from Columbia. So that is why I think it looks so strange, I believe it
to be a south american (Brazil) or a South African. It has a sticker in
the window that says 66 VW but it is just a sticker. Is it normal for a
split bus to have a tag on the overhead fresh air vent passenger side?
I could not read what it said (dark and painted over)

I just thought I would share what I know about this bus.

Dan & Katrina Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.
T.C.B.