[tcb] Re: test

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:03:21 -0800 (PST)

If I remember my CIS injection properly, I believe there is a cold start
injector on the front of the air distribution manifold. check to make sure the
aux. injector is working. you might also check the aux. air regulator as well.

Mike Selvey <sidecar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  OK-

If this is such a slow news day, maybe we can ponder this.....my '79
Westy (with restored used functional EFI - van originally came w/dual
progressive Weber I couldn't get to work worth snot), developed
cold-starting problems some weeks ago. The answer (I thought) was when
I discovered that the fuel pump was leaking very slightly. I figured
that it was losing the fuel compression overnight through the leak, so I
searched and found a good used 35PSI OEM fuel pump and installed it..

Problem solved! For about two weeks. Now the problem's back. In the
present cold weather, I try to start her and the engine turns over,
and over, and over and never catches. In the process, I manage to run
down BOTH my batteries! Nice to have a 6 amp charger, tho!

Any ideas from any EFI gurus?

Thanks for any info.

Mike Selvey
Nacogdoches, TX