[tcb] Re: tcb emails???

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:18:01 -0500

Hey, Fred, how you doin'? I haven't seen or heard from you long time. I thought I saw you at the Tulsa show, but of course, it wasn't you. I got all excited. Will you make T@P?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred McDonald" <texasbluebus@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:10 PM
Subject: [tcb] Re: tcb emails???

Yeah lurkers, I just hate lurkers ;P
----- Original Message ----- From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:39 AM

We're old and busy. At least, I am old and busy. There are plenty of lurkers.

OK. Here's a subject:

I am still in the process of rehabbing this junkyard door to replace the destroyed driver's side. I have taken it down to shiny metal and ground out all the rust, inside and out, have sprayed primer, not liked the texture and stripped it and sprayed it again, and like it. Today, I may put real paint to all the parts. Then I can put all the rubber on and the glass in and have a decent door, which I have to hang and adjust to fit in it's rebuilt hole. I have had to rebuild all around the damaged area, bending, shaping and painting metal so that it will look, somewhat, like new if I ever finish. Oh, and I forgot that I still have to install all the mechanical door works.

Is this why these things go for $15K and up if they are decent looking? Does everybody who really cleans and repairs every tiny corner go through all this? Do most people clean every corner? Sammie, was the Bakery bus this way? Ronnie, did Sparky and Crusty cause you this much grief?

If I ever had to figure out in man-hours, materials and blood what Murray is worth, it would have to be in the $500K range and not a dollar less.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>