[tcb] Re: tape scrub glue scrub strip scrape scrub strip scrape scrub rinse zinc coat rinse paint Whew!

  • From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 02:29:36 +0000 (UTC)

Lookin good!!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerald Livingston" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 7:47:57 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [tcb] tape scrub glue scrub strip scrape scrub strip scrape scrub
rinse zinc coat rinse paint Whew!

tape scrub glue scrub strip scrape scrub strip scrape scrub rinse zinc coat
rinse paint Whew!

Shiny POR-15. That stuff goes a LONG way when you're not worried about
2-coating because it's going to be in a 0-traffic area (covered by
plywood). Lots of rust but only minor pitting in most places. Some
pinholes but no seriously thin metal. I'll J-B Weld the pinholes.

I got black POR because most of it will be in covered places and I
wanted the contrast to see where I'm painting it. I'll topcoat any
visible places later.

Last seal on the pop-top. Have to figure out how to clean up the excess
glue sprayed by my overzealous helper.

http://www.texasvolksbus.org/1970/2010-02-22_2010-03-03/index.html

G2