[tcb] Re: stupid question of the day

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:41:17 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

'71 and newer have power assisted front disk brakes. Go look under
Caroline. Should be a big round drum attached to the front beam with the
master cylinder attached to the back of that drum. That is a vaccuum
powered brake booster. If it's in good shape and properly attached to
manifold vaccuum at the engine the difference is night and day.

Your '69 shouldn't have it and needs a different master cylinder unless
someone has replaced the front beam with one from a '71 and given it disk
brakes up front.

G2