[tcb] Re: speedo

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:45:14 -0800 (PST)

Replace the sprrdo cable is the only fix.  They cost almost nothing anfd are
not that difficult to replace.  Running an SCCA rally once in a 65 bug and
broke a speedo cable.  Always carried a spare because a speedo cable drives all
the navigation gear.  I replaced the broken one in less than a minute at the
next check point.  Another thing we did was drill the right front spindle and
drive another cable with the right front so we had 2.  They were driving the
navigation gear with micro switches so it didn't matter which way they turned.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  now that i have your
attention, how do i fix my speedometer cable to get me
by. it broke where it goes into the wheel. seems like there is alot of that
square part left. what can i do?

Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.
http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline