[tcb] Re: shocks for the front of ol' hershey

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:32:22 -0400 (EDT)

The other alternative may be to use shocks off of a Durango.  I know a few folks who've done that with the very low setup you have.  I don't know
any more details on them than that.

You do realize with it being all beam that your caster angle is nearly vertical right?

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:49:28 -0400
From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you have stock bus shocks on their now you're not bottoming them out.  Your tires are hitting first.   Is all of your lowering in the spindles or are you using the adjusters to bring it down a bit more?

If you are using your adjusters to get lower, go with the shorter shocks.

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:20:43 -0400
From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That pic tells me everything you need to know.  You're already rubbing, so you could just replace it with what size you have on there now or the short shocks.

Without the bump stop you're travel is only limited by when either a) the tire hits the tub or b) the Shock bottoms out.  You're in condition "a" already.

From: i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:55:42 -0500

i was wrong i have about 2.5" before the tires go into the fender wells.

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:37:24 -0400
From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What's your total travel?  Or at least minimum and do you have bump stops on the beam?