[tcb] Re: samba 60

  • From: "Christopher Dirksen" <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:00:18 -0600

That's why I don't think I could ever stand to "restore" my but or
>even paint it.

I love when a typo make me laugh, what color would you paint your butt Eric? J/K hope everyone had a good weekend. Got to drive the bus around on sunday nice clear day a little chilly but  I think it runs a little better in cooler temps.

Not sure how to change my email from HTML to text I tried but failed.

Cajun Eskimo

From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: samba 60
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 07:40:39 -0600
>That's why I don't think I could ever stand to "restore" my but or
>even paint it.
>Too worried about messing it up...
>
>Stephen Brannan wrote:
>>I'm impressed by the conglomerate bus knowledge on here and have
>>decided that I never want to worry about having a perfect month
>>number correct bus. I heard and interview of some people who won a
>>Beatles Edition Lexus and sold it on Barret Jackson. They worried
>>about it all the time, door dings and such. So, it was sold.
>>Someday when I get a bus, I want one that has the wrong engine,
>>paint, whatever. Then I don't have to worry about scratching OG
>>paint, or throwing a rod in a numbers matching engine case. I want
>>my cars to be driven. When I helped Dennis unload his bus from
>>the trailer and the bumper traded paint with the ramp, he shrugged
>>and dismissed it. No worries. Also, I was wondering if there was
>>a list of the busses who's owners are on this list. It might be
>>neat to see how many are represented.
>>
>>*/sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:
>>
>> Terry: Dug through some old factory photos and found two
>> supposedly 60s with the indented hatch. Now I'm really
>>confused. Apparently they must have started sometime in the 60
>>model year. But the recognized authority Eccles says that this
>>didn't start
>> till 7/31/61 with sn 802986, at the same time as the large
>> taillights. What type of rear hatch does your 60 and 61 have
>>and
>> what type of taillights? Per your sn's the 60 should have
>>been
>> built around late March of 60 and the 61 should have been
>>built
>> around early October 60. Your M code plates should tell you
>>the
>> exact date of manufacture. The upper left corner of the M
>>plate
>> should have the date, e.g., 21 03 0 means the 21st day of
>>March in
>> 1960. My 60 panel van was built 04 12 9, or December 4, 1959
>>with
>> SN 543756.
>> And I didn't know you had such a collection of busses!
>>Two
>> questions: When are we gonna see some of these guys; and with
>>all
>> of those splitties what in the heck are you doing with those
>>Bays?
>>
>> */TheresaBuckner@xxxxxxx/* wrote:
>>
>> Hello Peter and all that # is 663680 the title says
>> 61 the 60 westy # is 588162 I have never looked it
>>up in
>> the books . both are high hinge Terry

>>Get your own web address.
>><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>
>>Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.
>><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>

Check out all that glitters with the MSN Entertainment Guide to the Academy Awards®