[tcb] Re: samba 60

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:34:35 -0800 (PST)

Peter you've got good eyes.  I didn't even notice the coat hooks.  My sources
also indicate that the hatch is only correct for 61/63, not 60.  Can't be a
late 60 because they quit putting the bastard engines in before the model year
was over,or it's a late 60 with the wrong engine.  Also, it has an incorrect
fuse panel for a 60.  They didn't use that fuse panel till either late 60 or
61.  I really think what the guy has is a 61 and he thinks it is a 60.  But
then that doesn't explain the engine.  Could it be that it ain't that original
after all?

Peter Albarian <pcalbar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  That rear hatch should only be on
a '61-'63 model from what I know. If the Bus is a very late '60 model, it could
be that they ran out of the early hatches early though. I also wonder what
those coat hooks are doing in a Kombi.
My $0.02,
Peter

BlackBerry service provided by Nextel