[tcb] Re: samba 60

  • From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:04:19 +0000

There ya go.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Brannan <ozarkcycleworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:15:15
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: samba 60

I'm impressed by the conglomerate bus knowledge on here and have decided that I
never want to worry about having a perfect month number correct bus.  I heard
and interview of some people who won a Beatles Edition Lexus and sold it on
Barret Jackson.  They worried about it all the time, door dings and such.  So,
it was sold.  Someday when I get a bus, I want one that has the wrong engine,
paint, whatever.  Then I don't have to worry about scratching OG paint, or
throwing a rod in a numbers matching engine case.  I want my cars to be
driven.   When I helped Dennis unload his bus from the trailer and the bumper
traded paint with the ramp, he shrugged and dismissed it.  No worries.  Also, I
was wondering if there was a list of the busses who's owners are on this list.
It might be neat to see how many are represented.

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Terry:  Dug through some old factory photos and found two supposedly 60s with
the indented hatch.  Now I'm really confused.  Apparently they must have
started sometime in the 60 model year.  But the recognized authority Eccles
says that this didn't start till 7/31/61 with sn 802986, at the same time as
the large taillights.  What type of rear hatch does your 60 and 61 have and
what type of taillights?  Per your sn's the 60 should have been built around
late March of 60 and the 61 should have been built around early October 60.
Your M code plates should tell you the exact date of manufacture.  The upper
left corner of the M plate should have the date, e.g., 21 03 0 means the 21st
day of March in 1960.  My 60 panel van was built 04 12 9, or December 4, 1959
with SN 543756.

And I didn't know you had such a collection of busses!  Two questions:  When
are we gonna see some of these guys; and with all of those splitties what in
the heck are you doing with those Bays?

TheresaBuckner@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Peter and all   that # is    663680   the title says 61     the 60 westy
# is 588162   I have never looked it up in the books .   both are high
hinge     Terry

  Get your own web address.:
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>

 Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.: <
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>