[tcb] Re: roof rack

  • From: evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:57:36 +0000

Now now just look at all the 34 Fords

All fiberglass
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:31:28
To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: roof rack

Peter is right.  Just like all collectibles, original and correct is what is
valuable.  But you gotta temper that with what you want to use it for.  If it's
just for looks and use I would go for the repop.  They are readily available
and not that expensive.  Original is hard to find and big bucks.  Just like the
ladders.  Last original westy ladders I saw belonged to one of our flipper
friends and he sold them on the samba for $450 each.  I have a repop from
Wolfsburg for $90 (now $110 I think).  And if you don't believe all that, just
compare the value of a real hemi cuda convertible with one of the clones.  Or a
real Shelby Cobra.

Peter Albarian <pcalbar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hey Eric,
I guess insane depends on ones perspective. From an investment perspective
buying a repro rack is insane. My original racks at least hold their value and
some are worth more over time while the repro ones don't hold their value.
Peter

BlackBerry service provided by Nextel