[tcb] Re: roof rack

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:07:51 -0700 (PDT)

Will:  Can you please put me in touch with some one who is selling the SO-42
type original rack in good condition for $500.  The last one I saw in person
for sale was a piece of trash, no wood, parts missing, and it went for $450.
Seems I saw a reasonably decent one on the samba a year or two ago for $850.
  Sammie

evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  There were two main types for poptops or subhatch styles. The early style
(56-58) had less curve than the later split westy racks. TppThe repops are
based on that design. A later og rack in good shape is around 500 bucks. An
early one is a collectors item so deep pockets apply.

For hardtops you can go with an original full length wood rack but bring 4
friends to install it and take out a bank loan before shopping.

You can contact "hot dog fred" on theSamba. He makes a variety of OG style
racks for reasonable prices.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile