[tcb] Re: repair story

  • From: Gary Alexander <garypalexander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:31:52 -0600

Its 'new' brake parts that are the issue, particularly wheel cylinders.
They are making them super cheap in china and the results are leaking after
a very short time or bad threads, horrible manufacturing tolerances are the
issue. And its just not VW parts, fellow in my office has gone thru 2 sets
of rotors for his F150, they keep warping after 1000miles or so.
Try your best to find out where the cylinders are made. And if it says
CHina, go soemwhere else.
And, I used to throw away old wheel cylidners, now, if I come across German
ones, i throw them in a box for a later rebuild.