[tcb] Re: rail to the rescue

  • From: shirley hall <vwbuslady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 21:01:32 -0800 (PST)

ice, ice baby!

--- On Tue, 2/1/11, Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: rail to the rescue
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 10:31 PM

But but but Shirley, I dream of doing Mount Shasta in my Double Cab someday or
in anybody else's Splittie, I'll bring cookies, I can help push, I have
experience driving in snow, I won't complain about being cold, anyone out there
looking for a teammate?  Anyone brave enough to join me?
Couldn't I consider a cruise up and back to icy Dallas some sort of baby
practice run.  A first step towards being ready and able to meet the challenges
of Mount Shasta? (Yes, I know that I'd be driving a Bay, but I did say baby
practice run.)

On Feb 1, 2011, at 8:36 PM, shirley hall <vwbuslady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

NBC local new is highlighting a rail the pulled cars out of a traffic jam in
DFW area today.  details at 10....
current temp is 14, high tomorrow is 20.  the roads are ice and will not be
above freezing until saturday.  they may dry out by Friday.  Keep yourself safe
and save a vw, julie!  see the lips another day!
shirley