[tcb] Re: pmj7272

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:01:45 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Like I said, Coleman probably doesn't actually manufacture any of them.
They just rebrand the ones made by someone else. They most likely only sell
them to resellers like the FLAPS, Wal-Mart, Harbor Freight, etc. The
Coleman PowerMate website only shows their generators and such, no battery
stuff.

Harbor Freight has several listed. A couple are Coleman. They all look the
same. I don't see any with the built in 110volt inverter.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Category.taf?CategoryID=444

They have a small one with a 10Ah battery and no compressor for $29.99
It's Coleman PowerMate branded

They have the compressor one with a 17.5Ah battery for $49.99
Chicago Tools branded

They have a "big honkin" non-compressor one with a 24Ah battery for $59.99
No brand listed, probably Chicago Tools

They have a "waterproof" booster for $69.99 - no Ah listed for the battery
but it's small. It's Coleman PowerMate branded (PMJ8660)

And they have a really small 10Ah Coleman for $39.99 but it's in a "sleek
black case" so they can charge more even though it's "smaller" than the
others <grin>.

Personally, if I ever get the Rivi running, I'll add an Optima deep cycle
battery as a secondary and buy separate inverter/compressor/etc. The Optima
can be used for jumps if ever needed and used to run accessories so jumps
WON'T ever be needed.

I'll probably cut the regular "ligter plug" type 12V plugs off any of my
stuff that uses it and install locking style connectors for better contact
for use in the bus. Push and twist, no jiggling loose while driving. I hate
the "lighter plug" type, always seem to end up with at least one that never
makes good contact.  I'll make a couple of adapters in case someone else
needs to plug in.

Gerald