[tcb] Re: photo album

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:07:20 -0600

The more I play with it the more PIMP it appears to be!
It even has a OSx skin.
My video is black with no sound?
Could be a Quicktime/Flip4Mac thing,but it plays some other .avi files. (maybe only in flash?)
Thanks again!

On Dec 16, 2009, at 9:04 PM, Gerald Livingston wrote:

http://tcb-web.org/photoalbum

Go poke around a little as UNREGISTERED users. I'm still tweaking. It's
a shared album with the Buskatiers list because we have some common
members between the two.

Don't try to register yet, I think I turned registrations off but I'll
ignore you if I didn't {PAUL} ;-). I had to modify the code to get
upload restrictions working the way I needed them to for the shared
setup and I need to poke at it a few days before letting people in.

When I start letting people register and upload there probably won't be
separate "albums" for each person/event. This will work a bit like the
Samba's galleries.

USE KEYWORDS when you upload pictures. No need to put your name in the
keywords unless you register with a different name because "uploader"
is one of the search fields.

I'm going to set he file size upload limit to 10 megabytes. The site is
on a drive that has about 200 gigabytes of free space right now and
that would allow about 20,000 full size files. Most pictures are WAY
under that (full size images from my 6 megapixel camera are under 5
megabytes) but the large size is to allow uploading short video clips
like the test one I did of Britt Grannis testing the flight properties
of a split window bus.

This is just a quick announcement. I need to play with it for a few
days then I'll write an email with some instructions about how it all
works and I'll open up registrations at that time.

Gerald