[tcb] Re: on the lighter side--one square inch

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:14:56 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

First rule on a new Split Bus.  Always check it for "paraphernalia."

From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
If any of you watch Nightline there was a special report on a guy named Gordon  "Sound Tracker" Hempton.  He is an environmentalist who is dedicated to reducing sound pollution.  His project is called one square inch, which is an area that he believes is the quietest place in the United States.  It is located in the Hoh Rainforest in the Olympic Nat'l Forest.

He has lobbied the FAA, EPA and National Park Service for noise-pollution and no-flight zones over selected ecological landscapes. He has even convinced a few airlines to alter their flight paths.

Gordon also drives a 66 VW Bus, and has traveled all over the US supporting his cause.  Here are a few links if anyone is interested.  The second link has a pick of him in front of his bus (scroll down the page a little bit).  I couldn't find a video link to the nightline report, if anybody finds i t send it my way.

www.onessquareinch.org

http://www.uwgb.edu/univcomm/news/insidearchive/07may/may1.htm