[tcb] Re: oil pressure

  • From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:47:21 +0000

Oil pressure can range from 10-12 psi at idle to 40-60 psi at higher RPM. all
depends on what type of oil pump you used.

From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>

I'll check for a short.  Overall my wiring is good, since I ran a new harness
about a year ago.

As for the oil pressure gauge I should give that a try.  What's normal
pressure?  I have a 1600 single port.

Thanks for the input fellas!

From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>

I need some suggestions for chasing a potential oil pressure issue.

Over the weekend when I started my bus I noticed the oil pressure light did not
go off.  I verified that there was enough oil, restarted and the same thing
happened.  So I replaced the oil pressure switch and the light remains on.  Any
helpful suggestions on trouble shooting this situation are appreciated.

Jeff