[tcb] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:01:32 -0800 (PST)

Bah Humbus, I think christmas has become to commercial and people expect to
much. I think all the gift giving ought to be abolished and the true meaning of
christmas brought back. just my opinion (plus, i'm cheap)

Fred McDonald <texasbluebus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  As Denis has pointed out,
Christmas is an invention of the Catholic Church
in an attempt to stop the heathen practices of the Europeans which included
a great deal of debauchery. The earliest colonists to come to America were
radical religious zealous trying to escape the persecution of the Catholic
Church and refused to celebrate Christmas. As a child I was brought up going
to a church that emphasized Easter as the ultimate Christian holiday;
fortunately they didn't persecute it's members for celebrating Christmas. I
have always put up Christmas lights, had a Christmas tree, gave Christmas
presents, while my kids were little convinced them there was a Santa Claus,
watched "It's a Wonderful Life" "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Dickens "A
Christmas Carol" "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown". Where the hell am I going
with this? I have no idea! Oh Yea, Merry Fn Christmas!