[tcb] (no subject)

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:53:38 -0500

To Everyone on the list:
I'll try to keep this short and let you go to the web site.

Long-time VW guy in Longview was building a 62 ragtop for his daughter to be presented to her on her 16th birthday. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with cancer and was no longer able to work on the car. Several individuals in Longview, primarily the folks at Oakhill Automotive, took on the task of completing this car. They were going to present it to the father and his daughter at the October show in Longview. Unfortunately the father passed away last week, but the project is still on.

The East Texas VW Club in Longview and the East Texas VEE-DUB Club in Nacogdoches have both agreed to donate $500 each toward completion of this project. The Watts at Oakhill are building the tranny and engine at cost and have prevailed on several suppliers to donate parts. Paint and body work is being donated by a body shop. They need funds, parts and help in building the car.

For complete details go to the East Texas VW Club web site at http://www.geocities.com/fwvf/ or contact Daniel Watts at Oakhill Auto 903-297-3496. You can also contact Rodney Blackwell at 903-240-4438. If you would like to make a monetary donation you can send it to Bills 62 Ragtop Project c/o The East Texas Volkswagen Club, 2321 Ridgewood Dr. Longview, TX 75605.

You can also help me get the word out. I have been out of town for the past week and derelict in getting this info out. It is now about 11:00pm and I'm leaving again in the morning for another 4 days and simply have not had time to get this info out to all the clubs. You can help by taking this info and getting it to as many of your club sites as you can.
Thanks
Sammie Smith