[tcb] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:56:14 -0600

Sammie, if you are still looking for the latch call Way out Salvage. I know he has it, I fear what he may charge for it, but I have been out there and he must have 20 of 'em.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Albarian" <pcalbar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:47:45
To:Tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] (no subject)

Hey group: I'm trying to track down a part for my 60 DD panel van under
restoration. Still trying my normal sources but to date I'm striking
out. I need the large cargo latch that goes on the front door of the right
side cargo doors of a bus and, I think, the passenger door of a crew
cab. The part # is 211 841 605A. This is the large latch to which the
outside handle attaches. I only need the latch which is a square box
attached to the door with 4 screws and has the two levers protruding which
attach to the bars that latch the door. The part # is very visable on the
outside of this latch. Later models are distinguished with a change in
suffixes on the part # to B, C, D, etc. I need the one with A.

Peter, Will or anyone else out there with knowledge on where to find one of
these at a reasonable price?

Sammie

PS: I need one that is in good shape and works. I have one now that
doesn't work properly. Also, if anyone has any experience on tearing one
of these apart and repairing it maybe we could make the one work that I have.

BlackBerry service provided by Nextel