[tcb] Re: new seals

  • From: "treyjung" <treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 12:34:03 -0600

My 71 Westy - I think I need to adjust the door (but I don't want too) - the
seals I pulled off were the original ones. Doesn't look like the door has
ever been adjusted before which I'm thinking to leave it alone and let
nature run its course.

Trey

  _____

From: treyjung <treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] new seals
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, January 5, 2009, 12:09 PM

I put a new passenger door seal on NewDee yesterday and it is hard as hell
to close the door, got the door sticking out about 1/4 inch below the handle
at the top of the dogleg  where the door starts to go down to the side step.
- these seals are from Wolfsburg west.

Someone mentioned to me to expect this - is this normal? Will the seal
compress any or conform better? The door kind of pops out when you open it
too...

Trey